Pioneered in finding customer solutions combining technical expertise with in-depth understanding of key business risks and challenges.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Book my Mantra?
BMM provides strategic technology and Marketing advisory services to
We engage business owners and senior managers in an intensive, collaborative process to identify and resolve any issue related to technology or Marketing. If you have questions that aren’t answered here, please contact us. We’ll be happy to help.
2. How much does BMM Partners charge for consulting?
Relatively simple, straightforward projects can be as little as Rs. 10,000, whereas longer term, more complicated projects can exceed Rs 5,00,000. Most of our projects fall somewhere between these two extremes. We do offer several fixed price packages but we avoid templates. Before we can give you an estimate, we need to understand your individual situation. This generally requires a brief conversation about your project goals, timetable, budget, scope, and other issues. Off course we are far from being the most expensive, but still if you are looking for the best quality, then BMM is definitely a good fit for you. If you are looking for a professional consultant/adviser who does high quality work and inspires trust, then please give us a call.
3. What industries do you specialize in?
We take pride in our ability to learn the fundamentals of virtually any industry or technology quickly. Some of the markets we have served include green technologies, medical devices, biotechnology, Internet/e-commerce, telecommunications, distance education/e-learning, real estate, financial services, healthcare services, manufacturing, retail, food service, consumer products, media and entertainment, aerospace, artificial intelligence, enterprise software, insurance, energy, and networking. Having said that, we believe that the value we bring to the table is not industry expertise — which you already possess in abundance — but rather an understanding of what investors like to see in a potential opportunity.
4. How do I know if BMM is a good match for my business?
We can help almost any legitimate business or non-profit organizaton. Many of our business clients fall into one or more of the following three industry groups: Service and Hospitality, Consumer Goods, and Food. However, there are several other specific industries and situations - where we may be the best fit. We will be happy to discuss your situation confidentially, and will immediately let you know whether or not we think we are a good fit for your organization.
5. I have been in business for many years. I am looking for a consultant to help me increase revenues and profits, and help me transition out of day-to-day operations. Can you help me?
As long as the owner is serious and takes a long view, we should be able to help. Transitioning from "working IN the business" to "working ON the business" takes time, typically at least a year, but sometimes even longer. Please take a look at our service pages for more information. Or just give us a call.
6. I have a great product but don't know how to get it to market. Can you help me?
We can assist with everything from production options, supply chain decisions, competitor research and go-to-market strategy. Please contact us to discuss your situation in confidence.
7. Do you provide client references?
We are happy to provide client references to serious prospects once we have held initial discussions and have tentatively agreed on the scope and structure of an engagement.
8. I need help but have a very limited budget. Can you help me?
Everything we do is tailored to each client's individual situation. If you tell us your budget, as long as it is reasonable, we can work with it. Our focus is on delivering HIGH VALUE to clients, NOT low prices. Note that we do offer business services to startups and early stage businesses - so dont worry.
9. My company has very proprietary information, which I do not want to leak out. Do you sign non-disclosure agreements?
Once we have determined that there is a good match between your needs and BMM's capabilities, we can send you a mutual non-disclosure agreement. This agreement protects both parties from disclosure of confidential information. And, if you become a client of BMM, our standard contract provides ample protection that covers most circumstances.
10. Why don't you list more of your clients' names on your website?
Most of our clients insist on strict confidentiality, so we cannot divulge any information about them beyond their industry and a general description of the type of services we provided them.
11. Do you work with non-profit organizations?
YES. We work with non-profit organizations, including counties and municipalities. As long as we are a good fit in terms of skills and expertise we are happy to work with any legitimate organization. In fact, several of our largest and most complex engagements have been with non-profit organizations.
12. Do you work with clients outside of the Indian metropolitan area?
YES. As long as we understand the business and it is not located in a dangerous area we can usually help. Please contact us to discuss your particular situation in confidence.
13. I am starting a business and need help developing the business concept, researching the industry, and developing a marketing plan. I have very limited funds. Will you work in exchange for equity?
The amount of market research that needs to go into a high quality marketing plan is extensive and time consuming. We usually work strictly on a fee-for-service basis, but in exceptional cases will discount our fees in exchange for an equity stake or percent of sales.
14. Can you make an equity investment in my business or provide debt financing?
BMM is not a lender or private equity firm, and we do not act as an intermediary in any financial transaction. That said, we can support your search for funding in many useful ways, including market research, preparation of a business plan, development of a business presentation, and preparation and review of supporting documents. In some cases, we can arrange introductions to qualified funding sources. All work of this nature is strictly fee-for-services without guarantee that a deal will be completed. We also work closely with other financial services firms that specialize in business valuations and investor introductions (investment banking services for small businesses).
15. I need a business plan / marketing plan completed in a week or less. Can you help me?
We are willing to go the extra mile for our clients, but we cannot complete most projects in such a short timeframe. Generally, even “straightforward” business plan, marketing plan, and market research projects take at least 2 to 3 weeks. More involved projects can require several weeks (or longer) to assure the high level of quality and accuracy that are essential to success.
16. I have been thinking about a new business for a long time. I need someone to help me go through all of my ideas to sort through them and develop a realistic business plan. And I need to do this on a limited budget. Can you help me?
Possibly. We do work with clients in this situation. You will not be required to do the "heavy lifting" with the market research (which can be very time consuming), as we will do it for you. The process typically takes couple of months, but results in a very strong business plan.
17. I have developed a patented product and now I need help getting it to market. Can you help me?
We have found that many inventors just want someone to help them "sell their product" without asking any questions. We do not work that way, since it usually leads to failure. We can help you formulate a sound go-to-market strategy first, then help you commercialize your technology product or service. If you already have a solid go-to-market plan, with real market data and analysis to back it up, we can quickly jump into the execution phase.
18. I am an angel investor. I am considering investing a significant amount of money into a small business. I am worried I am missing something and want someone to evaluate the business itself along with the external market. Can you help me?
We can research the external market and perform due diligence on the business itself. We are very good at finding "where the bones are buried." Please contact us to discuss in confidence.